BREAKING BORDERS – Live Music and Arts Performance Night FRIDAY JULY 9TH, 8pm till 12am at The Polish Centre, 2 Sherwood Rise, Nottingham with bar open late, food available.
Includes eclectic music and poetry from many parts of the world. Visual artists will have works on display and some live demonstrations! Stalls about different issues.
- Aistaguca – Balkan Band
- NOLKLON, a Romanian Rock band
- The Gentlemen, lively music from different parts of Africa
- Nyam, playing Traditional Mongolian music
- Black Feather – music and poetry
- Nottingham Tribal Drumming Group (tbc)
- Unique World, performing a varied range of music from different countries
- Lance Hulme, on sitar, and Beance on Tabla
- DJ EARTHPIPE (Sweetpotato Soundsystem / Subdub / Exodus)
- Frank McMahon (plus other DIY poets tbc)
- Geoff Curl
- Sharon Walia from Prose of the Occupation (tbc)
- Ben of the Green, humorous wordsmith. (tbc)
- Ahinee Mensa, Jeffer M-Garib, Jasim Ghafur, Mirela Bistran and Obediar Madziva
Other acts to be confirmed, listen out for updates!
Door £2/£3/£5 ( unwaged / low-waged / waged )
Money raised after expenses will go to Nottingham & Notts Refugee Forum Destitution Group