What is the no border camp?
From September 27th until October 3rd 2010 a No Border camp will take place in Brussels.
The set-up of the camp will start on Sept 25th. There will be a lot of activities organised during the week and a big demonstration on October 2nd. The idea of the camp is to bring people together who support the demands of No Borders and who want to gather to debate, get informed, protest, view documentaries and party. The No Border movement struggles against the European and Belgian migrant policy, for freedom of movement and settlement and for the abolition of borders.
A multi-lingual website has been set up. This is the English language home page:
This morning, three banners were dropped in various locations across Nottingham city centre as part of two days of action against racist press, organised by the UK No Borders network ( http://noborders.org.uk/node/1 )
The banners stayed up for varying lengths of time, with one still being there late into the afternoon. One of the banners was directly facing the offices of the Nottingham Evening Post in order to highlight their practise of distributing prejudice around Nottingham on a daily basis (see article here: http://nottingham.indymedia.org.uk/articles/125 )
Elsewhere, London No Borders produced a spoof Metro newspaper: http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/07/454790.html
BREAKING BORDERS – Live Music and Arts Performance Night FRIDAY JULY 9TH, 8pm till 12am at The Polish Centre, 2 Sherwood Rise, Nottingham with bar open late, food available.
Includes eclectic music and poetry from many parts of the world. Visual artists will have works on display and some live demonstrations! Stalls about different issues.
- Aistaguca – Balkan Band
- NOLKLON, a Romanian Rock band
- The Gentlemen, lively music from different parts of Africa
- Nyam, playing Traditional Mongolian music
- Black Feather – music and poetry
- Nottingham Tribal Drumming Group (tbc)
- Unique World, performing a varied range of music from different countries
- Lance Hulme, on sitar, and Beance on Tabla
DJ EARTHPIPE (Sweetpotato Soundsystem / Subdub / Exodus)
- Frank McMahon (plus other DIY poets tbc)
- Geoff Curl
- Sharon Walia from Prose of the Occupation (tbc)
- Ben of the Green, humorous wordsmith. (tbc)
- Ahinee Mensa, Jeffer M-Garib, Jasim Ghafur, Mirela Bistran and Obediar Madziva
Other acts to be confirmed, listen out for updates!
Door £2/£3/£5 ( unwaged / low-waged / waged )
Money raised after expenses will go to Nottingham & Notts Refugee Forum Destitution Group